Barclays Center Rules
In order to safeguard the center and its visitors, Barclays Center in Brooklyn has a long list of rules and regulations to be followed.
The basic rules are:
- No re-entry
- Guests who are found to be in restricted locations (Backstage/event floor) without proper credentials will be subject to ejection and/or arrest
- No smoking in the arena or in the immediate area. Electronic smoking devices are not allowed to be used as well
- No outside food and drinks allowed
- No professional photography/videography allowed
- Posters or banners must be related to the event
- All Guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest. Ejected Guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss
- Standing in aisles, and on chairs is strictly prohibited during the event
- In the case of an emergency, guests must comply with requests from venue staff regarding arena operations and emergency response procedures
- Barclays Center management reserves the right to deny entry to guests wearing clothing items displaying offensive text and/or images
- Guests are expected to obey all state and local laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcohol. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages.
The sale and service of all alcoholic beverages will cease at specific times during events:
- Basketball: Beginning of the fourth quarter
- Concert: one hour prior to the end of the performance
- Hockey: 12-minute mark of the third period
* Alcohol service can also be discontinued at the discretion of management.
Prohibited items include:
- Firestarters and lighters
- Oversized bags larger than 18″ x 14″ x 6″
- No backpacks (special consideration will be made for guests with medical needs and those caring for infants.)
- Cameras with external flash or interchangeable lenses (no professional photography)
- Signs/ flags/ banners larger than 11″ x 17″ and any affixed pole
- Audio/ video recording devices
- Outside food or beverage (no alcohol)*
- Tripods/ monopods
- Laser pointers
- Beach balls or projectiles
- Illegal drugs/substances
- Skateboards/ rollerblades
- Cans or bottles
- Noise making devices
- Pointed-tip umbrellas
- Pets (service animals exempt)
- Laptops/tablets are not permitted in seating bowl
- Optical illusions
- Selfie sticks
The Golden Rule: When at Barclays Center please be mindful and respectful of other guests and those around you.
Perhaps most importantly – Enjoy the show!